Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I've Been Tagged + In My Mailbox (15): Kindle Edition (3) + Happy Valentines day!



Yeah, this is a mix of three different posts.  Why?  because I don't want to layer it up and have three posts in one day and I kind of have to do one of these and I try to always do another and I wanted to do the third, so....



Guess what!  I got tagged!
(it happened a little something like this XD)
Tagged by Claire from Claire Reads.

The Rules:

1. You must post the rules.

2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people that you have tagged.

3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.

4. Let them know you've tagged them!

The Questions:
1 .What is your favorite movie, based on a book ?
Maybe Harry Potter & The Deathly Hollows? There are so many good movies turned books (and of course, so many horrible ones!).2. What is your least favorite genre? Why?
Non-fiction. I actually have nothing against it, especially when it is a history book, it's just most our memoirs or fitness or self-help books.3. Scenario: Apocalyptic event (*panic* LOL).... you can choose 1 book to be sealed away and saved.... which one is it? Why?
WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME CHOOSE!!!!!!!! Maybe one of the Harry Potters? But no, I have so many other books to...I can't choose between my babies *sob*.4. What book, releasing this year, are you most anxious to get your hands on?
THE MARK OF ATHENA by Rick Riordan. It doesn't even have a cover yet and I can hardly wait! As a back-up, THE PRINCESS OF THE SILVER WOODS by Jessica Day George5. What is the biggest surprise you've had as far as books go? Was there one that exceeded your expectations? One that totally bombed?
I'm going to have to say the TWILIGHT books were pretty surprising. I saw the movie first (shudder) so I wasn't expecting much...and it turned out I loved them.6. If you could re-write history and pick a book/series to write yourself (instead of the actual author), which masterpiece would you call yours?
Harry Potter or the Leviathan series (Scott Westerfeld). However, I would never be able to do them justice...7. Hardcover or paperback? Which do you prefer?
Hardcover, because it is more durable and easier to read. I'll read either, of course.8. If you could interview any author, alive or dead, who would you choose?
Hmmmm...I'm stuck between J.K. Rowling, Rick Riordan, and Jessica Day George (all alive)...9. Do you participate in a book club that meets in reality? or do you prefer online ones?
I tried a meet-in-person book club, but we never actually met... But I've never participated in an online one either.10. Charles Dickens or Jane Austen? Explain.
I (though ashamed to admit it) have never read a Jane Austen novel:(11. If you wrote a book about your life... what would the title be?
Well, it would depend on the book. I'm working on two books (that will probably never even be FINISHED), one called The Stone Maiden and the other called The Fairy Dance.
(sorry about the weird different colors it won't let me change it:( )

I TAG:
Natasha/Nadia@Primrose Musings
J.B. Kannt@J.A.Y.A!
&&&

My Questions:
1. What was a book you were really excited to read but fell short?
2. What book do you think would make an awesome movie (that hasn't already been made)?
3. What's the best book you've read recently?
5. What was the most recent book you judged by it's cover?
6. What is your favorite genre?
7. Your least favorite genre?
8. If you could choose one book to read that is yet to be released, what would it be?
9. Have you ever seen a movie that you liked more than the book? If so, which movie?
10. If you could switch places with any character in any book, who would it be and why?
11. What book in a series are you most anticipating coming out this year?
They kind of all stank...sorry!
In My Mailbox (Kindle Edition) is a weekly meme hosted at The Story Siren.



In My Mailbox I have:
Fairy Lies (Fairy Wings, #2)In this delightful sequel to Fairy Wings (originally titled Wings) the fairy princess Tamisin has been kidnapped from her home in the human world by Oberon, king of the fairies, who thinks he’s her father. When Tamisin’s boyfriend Jak finds out, he sets off to rescue her. In this funny and heartwarming romp through a land of fairies, goblins, sphinxes, unicorns, and many more, Tamisin and Jak try to regain their romance even as they find their way back to the human world.
E. D. Baker is a master of the madcap world of magical creatures and she demonstrates once more that a clever girl who shows a dose of kindness, humor, and common sense can overcome almost any fearsome foe, no matter how magical!




In His Eyes Anthology (Stories from a Cute Guy)Avalable  NOW, just in time for Valentines Day, The Indelibles bring you a one-of-a-kind young adult anthology! Sixteen original short stories, all from the point of view of our favorite male characters - some are old flames from our novels and some were dreamed up especially for this anthology.

Let these imminently crushable, swoon-worthy guys show you what romance looks like – in his eyes.

The contributors to IN HIS EYES include award winners, frequent “Top 100” placers, and hot 2011 debut authors.













How to Date an Alien (My Alien Romance, #1)High school senior Alex Bianchi's estranged father gets her an internship at Circe Operations Center to pad her college applications. But Circe isn't your typical military base. It's an alien-run operation center and not all of the aliens are friendly, especially the one that tries to kill Alex on her first day. When Ace, a dark-eyed Caltian, enters and saves the day, she can't help but be drawn to him. Can these star-crossed lovers survive when they're on the brink of intergalactic war?
(actually reieved on Sunday after winning it from Aimee, I've just been LAZY.  And busy.  I mean really busy, not just excuse busy!)















And finally:









And now onto:

No comments: