Friday, December 2, 2011

Follow Friday (12)

Feature and Follow Friday is hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee

Question: What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to books? Maybe you don't like love triangles or thin plots? Tell us about it!



All right, I have a few, so here goes:
1.  Weak Hero/ines.
A standard Pet Peeve.  Grow a spine, or leave please.

2.  Too Strong Hero/ines.
I know, the exact opposite of what I said above.  But I hate when the MC is strong and brave in the face of struggle.  I don't mind if they show it on the outside, but we have the honor of seing their thoughts, so why not make them have doubts or be scared?

3.  When characters have no character development.
Everyone changes, and when characters are going through whats thrown at them, they should at least be wiser at the end.

4.  When there isn't any romance.
I never used to be this way.  Now I am.

6 comments:

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

Ohhh if there's no romance I usually won't get into it either.. it's really rare that I can read a YA book with no romance...

Anna @ Literary Exploration

Unknown said...

Just hopping on through, happy Friday. Definitely a new follower for sure. :)

I really like it when the main character's are confident, but you don't even want them to be so cocky and full of themselves that they come across in such an unlikeable and annoying manner. I agree with you about the weak heros/ines.

Suz @ A Soul Unsung
My Follow Friday!
My YA Author's Appreciation Event!
susanhaugland@att.net

Cait said...

Totally agree, extreme MCs are a no-go, people just aren't like that in real life!

The Cait Files

Giselle said...

I actually don't mind when there's no romance I find it refreshing. But I agree on the other points!!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

KJ said...

No. 4 is mine.

Anonymous said...

Aww, I love your #4! I love it when a book has romance ... no matter what the whole plot of the book! If there isn't any, I find myself constantly wondering why there isn't. I mean, shouldn't all books have romance? :) Happy FF!