Monday, December 5, 2011

Tuesdays At The Castle by Jessica Day George

Tuesdays at the Castle

Tuesdays at Castle Glower are Princess Celie's favorite days. That's because on Tuesdays the castle adds a new room, a turret, or sometimes even an entire wing. No one ever knows what the castle will do next, and no one-other than Celie, that is-takes the time to map out the new additions. But when King and Queen Glower are ambushed and their fate is unknown, it's up to Celie, with her secret knowledge of the castle's never-ending twists and turns, to protect their home and save their kingdom. This delightful book from a fan- and bookseller-favorite kicks off a brand-new series sure to become a modern classic.





Jessica Day George is by far my favorite YA author out there.  Sure, I may like a few authors books more than hers, but I love everything she writes.

You can imagine my excitement when this book finally arrived on my doorstep (or mailbox, whatever).  And honestly, it didn't disappoint.

TUESDAYS AT THE CASTLE was JDG's first MG novel.  I was a little scared going in.  I don't frequent MG (though favorite series' of mine that are not yet over or highly recommended MG books I do).  I was a little worried that this would be to different, and I wouldn't like it.  I shouldn't have worried.  Jessica Day George managed to create a lovely new fantasy world and a great new adventure.  Even though the MC was much younger than me, the book was enjoyable and the characters relatable.  I can't wait until the next book in the series.

I give this book a 5/5 and would recommend it to lovers of fantasy and adventure.  Don't not pick it up because it's MG!

Market: MG
Sensuality: None
Language: None
Violence: MIld

No comments: