Monday, March 19, 2012

Tiger's Quest by Colleen Houck

Tiger's Quest (The Tiger Saga, #2)

Back in Oregon, Kelsey tries to pick up the pieces of her life and push aside her feelings for Ren. But danger lurks around the corner, forcing her to return to India where she embarks on a second quest--this time with Ren's dark, bad-boy brother Kishan, who has also fallen prey to the Tiger's Curse. Fraught with danger, spellbinding dreams, and choices of the heart, TIGER'S QUEST brings the trio one step closer to breaking the spell that binds them. Winner of a Parent's Choice Award!








At the end of Tiger's Curse I was screaming, "No!!!  Don't do it!!!" at Kelsey.  At the end of this book, I was screaming the exact same thing at Ren.

This book was good, I'll admit.  However, it wasn't anywhere near as good as the previous book.  I think it was because we saw more of Kishan than Ren.  I don't hate Kishan, i just don't love him.  I never really like the "bad boy" in books, and that's exactly how Kishan was described.  Plus, it seemed at times he was pushing himself at Kelsey.

Speaking of Kelsey, definitely not the best MC.  Once again, I do not hate her.  I just can't find it in me to love her.  She is sort of...weak, and whiny.  People who don't like Twilight say that Bella spends a lot of time pondering over which guy she likes best, and I feel that Kelsey is the same way.

Another thing I don't love about this book, or the series, is there are a few misplaced (or nonexistent) commas and quotation marks.  Now, I'll look past this, but it slows down the reading for me.

Anyway, on to what I liked.

My favorite thing about this series, besides the covers, is the mythology and folk lore.  I love mythology and fairy tales, and that is what this series is all about.  I'm learning mythology that I never knew, and that makes me extremely happy!

I also love the adventurous feel of this book.  It's like an Indian Indiana Jones.  I love romance, and contemporary, but my preferred genres are fantasy and action (with some sci-fi and/or romance).

Over all, I wasn't that impressed with this book, especially after how amazing Tiger's curse was.  My two favorite character, Ren and Mr. Kadam, were barely in it. and in Ren's case, they were a major let down.  I think my least favorite thing had to be the prospect that Kelsey could en up with Kishan [shudder].  Still, I am looking forward to getting my hand on the next book and reading the rest of the series.

Rating: 4/5 stars (almost 3/5).

Language: None
Sensuality: Mild
Violence: Moderate

No comments: